SAMHSA’s Disaster Distress Helpline provides 24/7, 365-day-a-year crisis guidance and help to individuals experiencing psychological stress pertaining to natural or human-caused catastrophes.
The tragedy Distress Helpline, 1-800-985-5990, is a 24/7, 365-day-a-year, nationwide hotline specialized in supplying instant crisis guidance for those who are experiencing psychological stress linked to any normal or disaster that is human-caused. This toll-free, multilingual, and private crisis help solution can be acquired to any or all residents in the usa and its own territories. Stress, anxiety, as well as other depression-like signs are typical reactions after a disaster. Phone 1-800-985-5990 or text TalkWithUs to 66746 for connecting with a crisis counselor that is trained.
The catastrophe Distress Helpline places individuals looking for guidance on the way to recovery. Our workers offer guidance and help before, during, and after disasters and refer people to neighborhood resources that are disaster-related follow-up care and help. The Boston Marathon bombing, the Ebola outbreak, and the Coronavirus pandemic since its launch in February 2012, the Disaster Distress Helpline has provided counseling and support in response to disasters such as Hurricane Sandy.
The tragedy Distress Helpline is staffed by trained counselors from a system of crisis call facilities situated over the usa. These counselors offer:
- Crisis guidance for individuals in psychological stress pertaining to any normal or disaster that is human-caused
- Here is how to identify stress and its own results on individuals and families
- Methods for healthy coping
- Recommendations to neighborhood crisis call facilities for extra follow-up care and help
Whenever you call or text, crisis counselors will listen to what’s on your head with persistence and without judgment. You don’t have to give any distinguishing information whenever the disaster is contacted by you Distress Helpline. The therapist may ask you for a few information that is basic the termination for the decision, however these concerns are optional as they are meant to assist SAMHSA keep an eye on the kinds of telephone calls it gets.
Whom Should Contact the Disaster Distress Helpline?
This crisis support solution is for anybody experiencing psychological stress associated to catastrophes such as for instance:
The tragedy Distress Helpline also answers telephone phone calls and texts associated with infectious illness outbreaks (PDF | 545 KB), including the Coronavirus pandemic, incidents of community unrest, as well as other terrible activities.
The effect of crises may influence individuals in numerous means. Discover ways to recognize the indicators and danger facets for psychological stress associated with normal and disasters that are human-caused.
The catastrophe Distress Helpline is available to every person. This consists of survivors of catastrophes; family members of victims; very first responders; rescue, data recovery, and relief employees; clergy; and parents and caregivers. You might phone yourself or on the part of somebody else.
Call or Text
Through the united states of america and its particular regions, call 1-800-985-5990 in order to connect with a tuned crisis counselor, 24/7. Spanish-speakers can phone the hotline and press “2” for 24/7 bilingual help.
Callers into the hotline also can relate solely to counselors in over 100 other languages via 3rd-party interpretation solutions; to get in touch having a therapist in most of your language, just indicate your preferred language to your responding counselor and she/he will connect with a real time interpreter (interpretation in less commonly-spoken languages may need calling right straight back at an appointed time). Get the full story and down load details about the tragedy Distress Helpline in 30 of the very commonly-spoken languages in the U.S.
To get in touch by having a real time ddh crisis therapist 24/7 via SMS, through the 50 states text “TalkWithUs” for English or “Hablanos” for Spanish to 66746. Spanish-speakers from Puerto Rico can text “Hablanos” to 1-787-339-2663.
Texting is subscription-based and just involves several actions:
- Sign up for the solution by texting TalkWithUs or Hablanos just as written. It’s important to get this done before delivering your text that is first message otherwise the enrollment may fail, and you may never be in a position to talk to a therapist, or perhaps you may inadvertently donate to another solution.
- Search for verification that the registration had been effective. You will get a Success! Content if it absolutely was.
- To unsubscribe, text Stop or Unsubscribe to 66746 (or 1-787-339-2663 from Puerto Rico) whenever you want. For assistance, text assist to 66746 (or 1-787-339-2663 from Puerto Rico).
Standard text and information message prices will apply whenever texting from cell phones. Global text and information rates may use from within U.S. Regions and free relationship nations. SAMHSA will perhaps not offer your cell phone numbers with other events.
The tragedy Distress Helpline’s TTY number 1-800-846-8517 is available 24/7 to Deaf and difficult of hearing people, who are able to additionally make use of the texting choices or their preferred Relay solution (including 7-1-1) in order to connect because of the primary DDH hotline 1-800-985-5990, 24/7.
For other reasons, send an email if you’re not in immediate need of crisis counseling support and would like to contact us. Call us for:
- Technical issues. In the event that you wish to receive a reply if you encountered a technical problem while trying to contact the Disaster Distress Helpline, please include your name and preferred contact information in your email.
- Provider inquiries. Providers with particular inquiries about technical support and help, demands for materials, and collaborations that are exploring motivated to deliver a message.
- Feedback. To deliver feedback regarding the experience reaching out to your catastrophe Distress Helpline, deliver a contact explaining your experience and SAMHSA will appear to the matter. Please consist of your name and preferred contact information if you wish to receive an answer.
- Social networking inquiries. E-mail us with questions regarding the tragedy Distress Helpline’s usage of social networking.
- All news inquiries. People in the news with questions regarding the catastrophe Distress Helpline ought to call the SAMHSA Media Services Team at 1-240-276-2130.
Our staff appreciate hearing from individuals about their experiences. SAMHSA takes feedback about our solutions, whether it’s negative or positive, extremely really.
SAMHSA also encourages general public advertising of this tragedy Distress Helpline. Everyone can make use of the tragedy Distress Helpline logo design and phone number on their site and backlink to the catastrophe Distress Helpline’s materials and social networking properties.
Phone 211 for details about disaster-related evacuations, shelters, meals and clothes circulation, volunteer possibilities, along with other resources and recommendations. Or go to the national 211 Call Center Search web site to find the 211 information and referral center nearest you.